Cervical pleura is the region of the parietal pleura extending through the superior thoracic aperture to coat the apex of the lungs. It is a continuation of the costal and mediastinal parietal pleura.
It is dome-shaped and with its apex approximately 3cm superior to the middle third of the clavicle.
- inferior margin: manubrium, 1st costal cartilage, first rib, 1st thoracic vertebra
- deep: visceral parietal pleura
- medially: thyroid, trachea, oesophagus, great vessels
- superiorly: suprapleural membrane
- posterosuperiorly: neck of first rib